Friday June 5th through Sunday June 7th
Varsity Open Tournament
Sioux Falls Stadium-The Birdcage
Augustana University: Karras Park Home of Ronken Field
Harmodon Fields Sioux Falls, SD
ENTRY FEE IS $995 WITH AN EARLY-BIRD SPECIAL OF $495 IF PAID IN FULL & FULLY REGISTERED PRIOR TO FEBRUARY 15, 2020
- Championship Individual T-Shirts Runner-Up Individual T-Shirts
- On-Site Umpire-in-Chief
- 2 Certified Umpire per game
- Courteous and available volunteers
- Beautiful Complexes with Ample Parking
- Concessions on Site (Harmodon)
- 5 Game Guarantee *weather permitting
- Limited to 10 Teams
- Top local and area college coaches invited
- This is NOT a stay and play. Where you stay is your choice
- We do have a couple hotel recommendations
- Discounts to the Blue Rock Restaurant
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott
- Discounts to Great Shots Golf
Tournament Director Lloyd Nickel 612-790-8657 firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration & payment can be completed online at www.sfcyclones.com or you can mail your payment to: Sioux Falls Cyclones c/o Lloyd Nickel 7009 S High Cross Trail Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Please Make Checks Payable to:
Sioux Falls Cyclones
- 7 innings-Coin flip determines home team.
- Home team is the official book.
- Home plate umpire is the official clock.
- Game time is forfeit time.
- Game time will be 2-hour time limit. At 2 hours complete the inning.
- Next games will start 15 minutes after completion of previous game on field.
- Ties will be allowed.
- Run Rules: 15 runs after 3 innings of play. 12 runs after 4 innings of play. 8 runs after 5 innings of play.
- To help keep the games on schedule-please have players run in and off the field after completion. Up to 8 pitches allowed after the first inning and 5 pitches after every inning after that.
- Pitching Rules: No Pitching limits but these are your players. Please keep in mind their safety and their futures.
- Teams can bat 9 (with or without a DH) or 9 plus (with or without a DH) an EH.
- Substitution rules in effect for all games
- Courtesy runners for pitchers and catchers (required with 2 outs). Last out or player not in the lineup.
- Umpires: Two certified umpires will be assigned to officiate each game.
- Coaches are asked to control unruly parents/fans.
- Appeals: Decision of Head Umpire is final. No further appeals will be allowed.
- Field Preparation: Because of field preparation between games and time restrictions, no pre-game infield practice will be allowed on tournament fields.
- Teams are asked to warm-up in the outfield before games.
- Ejection: Any coach or player ejected from a game by an umpire shall be ineligible to play or coach their next scheduled game. Tournament officials reserve the right to eject any player, coach, or parent for unruly behavior. Failure to comply will result in an automatic tournament forfeit and no refund.
- Refunds: Cancellation by team after the entry deadline results in no refund. "No shows" or forfeits results in no refund.
- No games played due to inclement weather - $300 refund. One game played - $150 refund. No refund after a team starts its second game. In the case of inclement weather, the tournament director has the discretion to change any rule, including the length of games, to allow the tournament to be completed.
- Five game guarantees. Pool Play: Double Headers on Friday and Double Headers on Saturday. Sunday: Teams will be seeded 1-10 based on: 1. Win/loss record. 2. Winner of head to head games. 3. Least runs allowed. 4. Highest run differential. 5. Coin flips. Seed 10 plays 9 for 9th place, 8 plays 7 for 7th place, 6 plays 5 for 5th place, 4 plays 3 for 3rd place, and 2 plays for 1 for 1st place
- Awards: Team T-Shirts will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd place teams in each division.
- Tournament Hotline: See website for field conditions and seedings.
- Dial 612-790-8657 for tournament director.
- Tournament will be available on Tourney Machine