Tim Hoover has been with the Sioux Falls Cyclones organization since 2015. He has been a Cyclones head softball coach at the 14U and 16U age divisions and has also been an instructor for all the softball teams. Previously before joining the Cyclones organization, Hoover was the head coach for the SD Fusion White (16U-18U) fastpitch team from 2012-2014. He is currently the head coach at Lincoln High School and has been with the Patriots program since 2011. Hoover has coached youth fastpitch for 17 years.
Hoover attended Lincoln High School and graduated from Sioux Falls College ('92) where he played basketball and baseball and received his undergraduate degree in accounting and business administration. He obtained his Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Sioux Falls ('96).
Hoover played both fastpitch and baseball growing up and eventually made a permanent commitment to travel and play fastpitch. He continues to play softball when he finds time between his coaching responsibilities.
His experience and success playing fastpitch include:
• Several South Dakota State Championships.
• Three (3) First-Team National All-Tournament selections as a shortstop.
• Three (3) National Tournament Championships (2003 - Cullman, AL / 2005 - Mankato, MN / 2007 - West Des Moines, IA)
• Three (3) National Tournament 2nd place finishes (1986 - Sioux Falls, SD / 2001 - Hutchinson, KS / 2009 - Sioux Falls, SD)
• Qualified for six (6) International Softball Congress (ISC) II World Tournaments with the Sioux Falls SOX in 2003-2005, 2007-2009 compiling a 17-8 win/loss record.
Hoover prides himself in teaching players the fundamentals and situational aspects of the game as well as playing with integrity and taking advantage of each opportunity for a positive result. "We need to risk failure to achieve success and a positive result."
He stresses the core values that contribute to success as a player, teammate and an individual on and off the field. A positive attitude, strong work ethic, focused effort to do our best, respecting others and encouraging teammates signifies these core values.